Tuesday 30 September 2008

Lord Frederick Leighton paintings

Lord Frederick Leighton paintings
Mark Rothko paintings
Montague Dawson paintings
itself on him, and through him on me, so that I came up with an ill-considered sense that there lay the proper and natural goaof the life of reason. I, too, should doubtless have failed, but, having failed, I might perhaps have slipped into a less august academic elsewhere. It is conceivable, but not, I believe, likely, for the hot spring of anarchy rose from the depths where was no solid earth, and burst into the sunlight - a rainbow in its cooling vapours - with a power the rocks could not repress.
In the event, that Easter vacation formed a short stretch of level road in the precipitous descent of which Jasper warned me. Descent or ascent? It seems to me that I grew younger daily with each adult habit that I acquired. I had lived a lonely childhood and a boyhood, straitened by war and overshadowed by bereavement; to the hard bachelordom of English adolescence, the premature

No comments: