Sunday 15 March 2009

Peter Paul Rubens Garden of Love

Peter Paul Rubens Garden of LoveWinslow Homer The Herring NetWinslow Homer The Fog WarningWinslow Homer Rowing HomeWinslow Homer Kissing the Moon
'He had some people executed in Lancre, the other day for saying it,' Magrat went on. 'Spreading malicious lies, he said. He said anyone saying different will see the inside of his dungeons, only not for long. He said Verence died of natural causes.'
'Well, being assassinated is natural causes for a king,' said Granny. 'I don't see why he's so sheepish about it. When 'He was hanging about in my raspberry bushes,' said Granny. 'Only, when I went out to see what he wanted, he ran away.'
'Actually, I gave him tuppence,' said Magrat. 'He said he was going to be torturedold Thargum was killed they stuck his head on a pole, had a big bonfire and everyone in the palace got drunk for a week.''I remember,' said Nanny. 'They carried his head all round the villages to show he was dead. Very convincing, I thought. Specially for him. He was grinning. I think it was the way he would have liked to go.''I think we might have to keep an eye on this one, though,' said Granny. 'I think he might be a bit clever. That's not a good thing, in a king. And I don't think he knows how to show respect.''A man came to see me last week to ask if I wanted to pay any taxes,' said Magrat. 'I told him no.''He came to see me, too,' said Nanny Ogg. 'But our Jason and our Wane went out and tole him we didn't want to join.''Small man, bald, black cloak?' said Granny thoughtfully.'Yes,' said the other two.

No comments: