Monday 9 March 2009

Rembrandt The Return of the Prodigal Son

Rembrandt The Return of the Prodigal SonRembrandt rembrandt nightwatch paintingRaphael The Sistine Madonna
didn't have white hair in those days," said Granny.
"Everything was a different colour in those days."
"That's true."
"It didn't rain so much in the summer time."
"The sunsets were redder."
"There were more old people. The world was full of them," said the wizard.
"Yes, I , and they had children and even grandchildren, and not one of them can hardly write his name. I could have bought the whole village. And they treated me like a king, but- I mean, I've been to places and seen things that would curdle their minds, I've faced down creatures wilder than their nightmares, I know secrets that are known to a very few -"
"You felt left out," said Granny. "There's nothing strange in that. It happens to all of us. It was our choice."
"Wizards should never go agreed Granny. "You can't cross the same river twice, I always say."know. And now it's full of young people. Funny, really. I mean, you'd expect it to be the other way round." "They even had a better kind of air. It was easier to breathe," said Cutangle. They stamped on through the swirling snow, considering the curious ways of time and Nature. "Ever been Home again?" said Granny. Cutangle shrugged. "When my father died. It's odd, I've never said this to anyone, but-well, there were my brothers, because I am an eighth son of course

No comments: