Saturday 27 September 2008

Frank Dicksee paintings

Frank Dicksee paintings
Ford Madox Brown paintings
Federico Andreotti paintings
That’s Peter’s twenty-firster at King’s Thursday. First time I met you, I think. Certainly the first time I met Alastair. He was Margot’s boyfriend then, remember? She was jolly glad to be rid of him..... That’s my . I bet you were there.” She turned the pages from the posed groups of bride, bridegroom and bridesmaids to the snapshots taken at the gates of St. Margaret’s. “Yes, here you are.”
“No beard. Perfectly properly dressed.”
“Yes, there are more incriminating ones later. Look at that ... and that.”
They opened successive volumes. Basil appeared often.
“I don’t think any of them very good likenesses,” said Basil stiffly. “I’d just come back from the Spanish front there—of course I look a bit untidy.”
“It’s not clothes we’re talking about. Look at your expression.”
“Light in my eyes,” said Basil.
“1937. That’s another party at King’s Thursday.”

No comments: