Saturday 27 September 2008

Cheri Blum paintings

Cheri Blum paintings
Camille Pissarro paintings
Carl Fredrik Aagard paintings
That’s a silly thing to say. It’s being in love makes me blub. You don’t realize. Apart from being perfect and frightfully funny he’s an artistic genius and everyone’s after him and I’m jolly lucky to have got him and you’ll love him too once you know him if only you won’t be stuck-up and we got engaged on the telephone so I came up and he was out for all I know someone else has got him and I almost died of cold and now you come in looking more like a vampire than a papa and start saying ‘rot.’”
She pressed her face on his thigh and wept.
After a time Basil said: “What makes you think Robin paints?”
“Robin? Robin Trumpington? You don’t imagine I’m engaged to Robin, do you? He’s got a girl of his own he’s mad about. You don’t know much about what goes on, do you, Pobble? If it’s only Robin you object to, everything’s all right.”
“Well, who the hell do you think you are engaged to?”
“Charles of course.”
“Charles à Court. Never heard of him.”

No comments: