Saturday 27 September 2008

Jules Breton paintings

Jules Breton paintings
Johannes Vermeer paintings
Jacques-Louis David paintings
vestibule loud, low-bred voices came to them.
“She seems to have a party.”
Peter opened the door of the sitting room. It was in darkness save for the ghastly light of a television set. Margot crouched over it, her old taut face livid in the reflection.
“Can we come in?”
“Who are you? What d’you want? I can’t see you.”
Peter turned on the light at the door.
“Don’t do that. Oh, it’s you Peter. And Basil.”
“We’ve been dining downstairs.”
“Well, I’m sorry; I’m busy, as you can see. Turn the light out and come and sit down if you want to, but don’t disturb me.”
“We’d better go.”
“Yes. Come and see me when I’m not so busy.”
Outside Peter said: “She’s always looking at that thing nowadays. It’s a great pleasure to her.”

No comments: