Wednesday 15 October 2008

Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema Welcome Footsteps painting

Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema Welcome Footsteps paintingSir Lawrence Alma-Tadema promise of spring paintingSir Lawrence Alma-Tadema Courtship the Proposal painting
Livilla on less severe remarks-for seven-months' children are very horrible objects-but I know that once when my mother grew angry on bearing that some senator had introduced a foolish motion in the House she burst out: "That man ought to be put out of the way! He's as stupid as a donkey-what am I saying? Donkeys are sensible beings by comparison -he's as stupid as… as… Heavens, he's as stupid as my son Claudius!"
Germanicus was her favourite, as he was everyone's favourite, but so far from envying him for the love and admiration that he won wherever he went I rejoiced on his behalf. Germanicus pitied me and did the most he could to make my life happier, and recommended me to my elders

No comments: